WE ARE NOW LOCATED AT THE ABINOOJII GAMIG (CHILDCARE CENTRE) AT 821 MCIRVINE ROAD.
SERVICES DURING COVID-19
- One to one/family check ins using face time, texting or phone calls for communication ,
- Activity kits for children/families such as games, art and craft supplies, colouring, play dough, science activities, etc.
- Meal/baking kits that can be done in the home
- Referrals or advocacy to other services/organizations within the community (Health Access Centre, other UNFC programs, KRRDCDS, Weechi-it-te-win Family Services, Fire Fly, etc.).
- Parenting supports which include information on topics such as: potty training, terrible twos, teething, nutrition, picky eaters, healthy meals and other types of resources.
- Support with your children’s mental and physical health and provide you information as well as activities to do with your family to help develop in areas to meet the child’s milestones
The Healthy Babies program promotes optimal physical, cognitive, communicative and social development in at risk Aboriginal children between 0 to 6 years of age. The program maintains a network of health and social service providers to ensure that Aboriginal families with children, prenatal to age six, have access to a range of prevention and early intervention.
The purpose of this program is to provide home visiting services for Aboriginal families living off-reserve with children ages 0 to 6 years for age and youth. Home visiting includes all aspects of physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual well being of the family and it's dynamics.
- Preparation for Parenting and Caregiving (preconception)
- Home Visiting
- Service Coordination
- Early Identification
- Provide parenting awareness and healthy sexuality education, including, directed to teenagers or young men and women.
- Home visiting (parenting education and support, child development resources, meal planning and preparation, traditional teaching in child rearing)
- Community workshops
- One to one support
- Distribution site for Nippissing tool
- Baby/Infant Massage
The Aboriginal Healthy Babies Program is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Community and Social Services. In addition, this program is part of the Healing and Wellness Strategy that services Aboriginal community members.
Vacant, Aboriginal Healthy Babies Worker
821 McIrvine Road, Fort Frances, Ontario
Phone: (807) 274-7244
Cell: 807) 275-7175