Indigenous Mental Health and Wellness Program
The newest program to the Friendship Centre, our Indigenous Mental Health and Wellness Worker provides wholistic and culture-based supports in response to the mental health and addictions of Urban Indigenous individuals and families. The worker will implement trauma-informed and strengths-based cultural approaches to address community-based mental health and wellbeing concerns.
Working closely with our Indigenous Alcohol and Drug Program, our Worker will:
• provide wrap-around services and strength based action plans for each individual to address goals in the area of mental health, pre-treatment, treatment and aftercare planning
• working with Elders and traditional teachers and provide access to healing ceremonies
• conduct peer counselling sessions
• conduct group counselling, sharing circles, teaching circles
• work one to one on building and maintaining healthy relationships
• deliver mental health/addiction workshops and presentations
Contact information to come. Please check back.